Need Help Now?

If you feel like you might attempt suicide, or may have seriously harmed yourself, you need urgent medical help.

  • Call 999 for an ambulance
  • go straight to A&E, if you can
  • or call your local crisis team, if you have their number.

Listening Services

NHS 111

Non-emergency medical help and advice for people in England.


Talk about anything that is upsetting you, you can contact Samaritans 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Campaign Against Living Miserably (CALM)

Provides listening services, information and support for anyone who needs to talk, including a web chat.

Looking for more? MIND have created a list of helplines and listening lines which has more numbers to try.