Legal & Policies
Signposting is an amalgamation of mental health and support services, resources and documents. The aim of this website is to streamline referrals, provide psychoeducational resources and to raise awareness of what’s available within the local community.
Whilst effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information presented, there may be instances where services have updated their information, changed their provision or the information is simply inaccurate.
You are encouraged to seek medical advice and support from your local mental health provider, your GP or from an official source.
In this policy, "we", "us" and "our" refer to Signposting, our contributors or Adam Murray.
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website.
You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy.
We may not notify you of changes to this policy other than when the policy was last updated. The latest change to the policies was made on: 22/08/2021.
Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions shall govern your use of our website.
By using our website, you accept these terms and conditions in full; accordingly, if you disagree with these terms and conditions or any part of these terms and conditions, you must not use our website.
You must be at least 18 years of age to use our website; by using our website or agreeing to these terms and conditions, you warrant and represent to us that you are at least 18 years of age.
Copyright (c) 2021 to the present date to Adam Murray.
Subject to the express provisions of these terms and conditions:
- We own and control all the copyright and other intellectual property rights in our website and the material on our website; and
- All the copyright and other intellectual property rights in our website and the material on our website are reserved.
- View pages from our website in a web browser;
- Download pages from our website for caching in a web browser;
- Print pages from our website for your own personal and non-commercial use, providing that such printing is not systematic or excessive;
- Stream audio and video files from our website using the media player on our website; and
- Use our website services by means of a web browser.
Subject to the other provisions of these terms and conditions.
You may only use our website for your own personal purposes; you must not use our website for any other purposes.
Unless you own or control the relevant rights in the material, you must not:
- Republish material from our website (including republication on another website);
- Sell, rent or sub-license material from our website;
- Exploit material from our website for a commercial purpose.
We reserve the right to suspend or restrict access to our website, to areas of our website and/or to functionality upon our website. We may, for example, suspend access to the website during server maintenance or when we update the website. You must not circumvent or bypass, or attempt to circumvent or bypass, any access restriction measures on the website.
You must not:
- Use our website in any way or take any action that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the performance, availability, accessibility, integrity or security of the website;
- Use our website in any way that is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity;
- Hack or otherwise tamper with our website;
- Probe, scan or test the vulnerability of our website without our permission;
- Circumvent any authentication or security systems or processes on or relating to our website;
- Use our website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software;
- Impose an unreasonably large load on our website resources (including bandwidth, storage capacity and processing capacity);
- Decrypt or decipher any communications sent by or to our website without our permission;
- Conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to our website without our express written consent;
- Access or otherwise interact with our website using any robot, spider or other automated means[, except for the purpose of search engine indexing; or
- Do anything that interferes with the normal use of our website.
You must ensure that all the information you supply to us through our website, or in relation to our website, is true, accurate, current, complete and non-misleading.
We do not warrant or represent:
- The completeness or accuracy of the information published on our website;
- That the material on the website is up to date;
- That the website will operate without fault; or
- That the website or any service on the website will remain available.
We reserve the right to discontinue or alter any or all of our website services, and to stop publishing our website, at any time in our sole discretion without notice or explanation; and save to the extent expressly provided otherwise in these terms and conditions, you will not be entitled to any compensation or other payment upon the discontinuance or alteration of any website services, or if we stop publishing the website.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law and subject to liability (below), we exclude all representations and warranties relating to the subject matter of these terms and conditions, our website and the use of our website.
To the extent that our website and the information and services on our website are provided to you, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.
We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of any event or events beyond our reasonable control.
We will not be liable to you in respect of any business losses, including (without limitation) loss of or damage to profits, income, revenue, use, production, anticipated savings, business, contracts, commercial opportunities or goodwill.
We will not be liable to you in respect of any loss or corruption of any data, database or software.
We will not be liable to you in respect of any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
You agree that you will not bring any claim personally against us in respect of any losses you suffer in connection with the website or these terms and conditions.
Without prejudice to our other rights under these terms and conditions, if you breach these terms and conditions in any way, or if we reasonably suspect that you have breached these terms and conditions in any way, we may:
- Send you one or more formal warnings;
- Temporarily suspend your access to our website;
- Permanently prohibit you from accessing our website;
- Block computers using your IP address from accessing our website;
- Commence legal action against you, whether for breach of contract or otherwise.
Where we suspend or prohibit or block your access to our website or a part of our website, you must not take any action to circumvent such suspension or prohibition or blocking.
If a provision of these terms and conditions is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other provisions will continue in effect.
If any unlawful and/or unenforceable provision of these terms and conditions would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted, and the rest of the provision will continue in effect.
Subject to these terms and conditions, together with our privacy and cookies policy, shall constitute the entire agreement between you and us in relation to your use of our website and shall supersede all previous agreements between you and us in relation to your use of our website.
These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law.
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website users.
This policy applies where we are acting as a data controller with respect to the personal data of such persons; in other words, where we determine the purposes and means of the processing of that personal data.
Our website incorporates privacy controls which affect how we will process your personal data. By using the privacy controls, you can specify whether you would like to receive direct marketing communications and limit the collection, sharing and publication of your personal data.
We may process data enabling us to get in touch with you ("contact data”). The contact data may include your name, email address, telephone number, postal address and/or social media account identifiers. The source of the contact data is you.
We may process information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us or that we send to you ("communication data"). The communication data may include the communication content and metadata associated with the communication.
We may process data about your use of our website and services ("usage data"). The usage data may include your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths, as well as information about the timing, frequency and pattern of your service use.
- Publication - We may process account data for the purposes of publishing such data on our website and elsewhere through our services in accordance with your express instructions.
- Relationships and Communications - We may process contact data, communication data for the purposes of managing our relationships, communicating with you (excluding communicating for the purposes of direct marketing) by email, SMS, post and/or telephone, providing support services and complaint handling. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely communications with our website visitors, the maintenance of relationships, and the proper administration of our website, services and business.
- Direct Marketing - We may process contact data for the purposes of creating, targeting and sending direct marketing communications by email, SMS, post and making contact by telephone for marketing-related purposes.
- Research and Analysis - We may process usage data for the purposes of researching and analysing the use of our website and services. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely monitoring, supporting, improving and securing our website, services and business generally.
- Record Keeping - We may process your personal data for the purposes of creating and maintaining our databases, back-up copies of our databases and our business records generally. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely ensuring that we have access to all the information we need to properly and efficiently run our business in accordance with this policy.
- Security - We may process your personal data for the purposes of security and the prevention of fraud and other criminal activity. The legal basis of this processing is our legitimate interests, namely the protection of our website, services and business, and the protection of others.
- Legal Claims - We may process your personal data where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely the protection and assertion of our legal rights, your legal rights and the legal rights of others.
- Legal Compliance and Vital Interests - We may also process your personal data where such processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
4.Retaining and Deleting Personal Data
Personal data that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
We will retain your personal data as follows:
- Contact data will be retained for a minimum period of 12 months following the date of the most recent contact between you and us, and for a maximum period of 26 months following that date;
- Communication data will be retained for a minimum period of 12 months following the date of the communication in question, and for a maximum period of 26 months following that date;
- Usage data will be retained for 26 months following the date of collection.
Notwithstanding the other provisions, we may retain your personal data where such retention is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
Your principal rights under data protection law are the:
- Right to Access - you can ask for copies of your personal data;
- Right to Rectification - you can ask us to rectify inaccurate personal data and to complete incomplete personal data;
- Right to Erasure - you can ask us to erase your personal data;
- Right to Restrict Processing - you can ask us to restrict the processing of your personal data;
- Right to Object to Processing - you can object to the processing of your personal data;
- Right to Data Portability - you can ask that we transfer your personal data to another organisation or to you;
- Right to Complain to a Supervisory Authority - you can complain about our processing of your personal data; and
- Right to Withdraw Consent - to the extent that the legal basis of our processing of your personal data is consent, you can withdraw that consent.
You may exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal data by written notice to us, using the contact details set out below.
Our legal documents were created courtesy of Docular .